– Alert Level 4 for all of New Zealand, contactless deliveries in place
Friday August 20th
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we are doing all we can to keep kiwi business moving during challenging times.
As always, we ask that you take guidance from the Government as to whether your business should be operating in Alert Level 4.
- Please do not send parcels to businesses that are closed at Alert Level 4.
- We have limited storage facilities for undeliverable freight, items sent to closed businesses may need to be returned at the senders’ expense.
- Contactless pick-ups and deliveries are in place New Zealand wide. If you are open, please ensure our couriers can operate on your premises with at least 2m distancing. Please have easily accessible delivery and pick-up points that minimise person-to-person proximity.
- We strongly recommend having an ‘Authority to Leave’ barcode installed at your premises (to allow your deliveries to be left in a safe place when you are not available). Find more information here.
- Our teams are operating with restrictions in terms of distancing, restricted workforce and other safety protocols. Network performance may be impacted.
- You may wish to inform your customers of possible delivery delays.
- Please refrain from ringing our call centres for updates on deliveries that can be tracked here. We are operating within COVID restrictions and may need to prioritise essential items in the first instance.
Alert Level 4 FAQs
What happens if the business I’m sending to is closed during Alert Level 4?
Please do not send parcels to businesses that are closed at Alert Level 4.
We have limited storage facilities for undeliverable freight, items sent to closed businesses may need to be returned at the senders’ expense.
During Alert Level 4, courier services are prioritised for essential items, and it is the responsibility of users to ensure they follow Government guidelines when using courier services.
More information about Government guidelines is available here.
We understand this is a trying time for all, thank you for your understanding and patience.
What are our weekday opening hours during Alert Level 4?
During Alert Level 4, branches will remain open their usual hours to take calls. Some of our branches have decided to close their reception doors for this period though.
Will same-day deliveries be affected during Alert Level 4?
During Alert Level 4, same-day deliveries to business delivery zones should not be affected. However, in some regional areas, there may be some very minor delays.
Please understand that during this time, where essentials can be prioritised – they are. Our delivery priority in the order of importance continues to be; medical, pharmaceutical, educational and perishables.
As usual, deliveries bound for residential delivery zones should be delivered at the end of the next working day.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we are doing all we can to manage during challenging times, we will do all we can to assist in any way possible.
The Team at NOW Couriers